Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2009 Central Kentucky Volunteer Award

Yesterday, I spent the morning with some wonderful people whom have put many days, hours and years into volunteering. The stories you heard where incredible. I was nominateed for the 2009 Central Kentucky Volunteer Individual Service Award which I can say I don't believe but I won the award. I want to express Thank You to United Way, The Lexington Legends for sponoring the event but also say Thank You for all of their great works in the community. I can say it is easy to feel rewarded everytime I walk in to the Ronald McDonald House from the people that are staying there saying Thank You but also for all the wonderful people who work every week making it a success. Travis Goodyear nominated me to him I say Thank You but not for the nomination but for the heart that he gives the house every time he walks into the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment